Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 1 : Warasw

I arrived in Warsaw about 2:45pm there time and just trying to keep my eyes open long enough to walk around the city for 2 hours has been a real chore. Looking around the city with the clean streets and modern buildings it is amazing that just 20 years ago, this city was still fighting for progress. Lots of people walking downtown, shopping, eating in outdoor cafes, coffee shops, book stores, markets, women selling fresh flowers, groups of musicians playing old polish songs, young guys break dancing, Warsaw could be any modern city in the world, but if you listen closely you'll hear the language which definitely sets it apart.

I'm glad to report while I was out sight-seeing my cousin Jan called and I'm expecting a return call tomorrow morning. It will be exciting to travel to Pila (pronounced Pee-wa) and meet his family. I'll be sure to take many photos and post them more than likely on flickr.

Tomorrow I take a city tour, Royal Palace, and a few other sights. I'll report more tomorrow but for now my pillow is calling my name and I'm not sure I can keep my eyes open any longer.

sweetdreams


No comments:

Post a Comment