Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Planned Journey Through Poland





* Blue dot marks the cities I want to visit.


These are the cities I hope to visit on my travels around Poland. Still working through all the details as to where I will be on what day. I'll start my adventure in Warsaw (Warszawa) and remain there the first 4 days of my trip.

Gdansk – Situated with seaside resorts and spas along the Baltic Sea.

Torun
– Recognized for pristine Gothic architecture, an impressive collection of redbrick churches, and birthplace of Nicolaus Copernicus.

Warszawa
– Capital of Poland. This city was completely rebuilt after WW II, includes the Royal Castle plus it’s bar, clubbing and music scene is suppose to be unmatched in the country.

Lodz – Known for it’s Famous Film School, underground arts scene and the impressive architecture.

Poznan - Górka Palace, baroque Franciscan Church, international business center, and huge student population.

Wrocław – This city lies in the middle of the Silesian Lowland, where the Oder River branches out to form 12 islands. The city is spanned by more than 100 bridges.

Krakow
– The royal capital for 500 years, the city was able to absorb much history and talent over the centuries and is today a treasure trove of Gothic and Renaissance architecture. Wieliczka Salt Mine, Wawel Castle, Auschwitz, and Black Madonna.

No comments:

Post a Comment