Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thinking About My Trip


It's been a very eye-opening trip. First to meet my cousins, that was amazing. I had met my one cousin Jon because my mom invited him to US several times but to finally meet his wife and son, that was nice. Also other cousins in the area and I was surprised that all of the younger ones could speak English.

Life in Poland is very modern, I don't know exactly what I was expecting or maybe not expecting. There is one thing that is different and that is they do not use clothes dryers. Apparently you can buy them but no one does. Everyone washes their clothes in a washing machine just like what we use then hang dries all their clothes outside on the balcony. When I was a kid, mom would wash the clothes and then carry the basket to the back yard to hang the clothes on our clothes line.

I have walked many stairs on this trip. Each night when I go to sleep I can feel the ache in my legs. My ankle has been holding out fairly well considering I had surgery back in September. It does swell during the day just slightly but once I feel that happening I decide it's time to take a break and have a coffee at a local cafe. Just sitting down for an hour helps relieve the pain and I am able to continue on my journey.

I am tired of sleeping on other peoples beds.They all feel so hard to me and I'm just so spoiled with my swedish sleeping system at home. That is one thing that I will truly enjoy when I get back to Texas...My Bed!

I only have 3 days left to my Polish trip. It has gone by fast and just last night I was thinking how it would change me and my perspective on life. Each time I travel to a new country, I can feel a small part of myself left behind. But I can also feel that I have gained a new layer of complexity that I am unable to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment